The BELL Santa Cruz Super Enduro’s 2nd annual race ran October 11-13, 2013 as part of a weekend-long celebration of the spirit of enduro. An increased field limit allowed for a wider range of participation, with 190 athletes hailing from as far away as Ohio and Alabama competing in pro, expert, sport, beginner and junior categories. This highly anticipated race – which sold out in just over two hours – elicited an extraordinary level of excitement from riders as they blazed into the finish with high fives flying between competitors. In addition to the highly anticipated spectator-friendly enduro race, the SCSE weekend included camping and catered meals, an outdoor screening of Not Bad & Arrival (courtesy Trail Head Cyclery), live music by Coffee Zombie Collective (courtesy BELL), bike demos (Marin, Norco, Santa Cruz, Specialized & Trek/Epicenter Cycling), a fun ride led by Pivot Cycles pro XC/Enduro racer Macky Franklin, and trail work rewarded with a free shuttle courtesy Shuttle Smith Adventures. It also capped off the inaugural season of the highly successful California Enduro Series (CES).
- October 16, 2013: SCSE Celebrates Successful Weekend of Racing and Camaraderie
- October 3, 2013: Highly Anticipated Santa Cruz Super Enduro Set to Run October 11-13 at Soquel Demonstration State Forest
- August 21, 2013: Tent Camping Package; Outdoor Screening of Anthill Film’s “Arrival”
- August 12, 2013: SCSE Welcomes BELL as Title Sponsor for 2013
- June 25, 2013: SCSE Debuts Website & Announces Registration Dates
PIT BITS (photo slide show), VitalMTB 10/14/13
Santa Cruz Super Enduro Video Recap, VitalMTB, 10/14/13
Updated: Santa Cruz Super Enduro Results, Santa Cruz Sentinel, 10/16/13
Santa Cruz Super Enduro Festival 2013 (photo essay), Enduro Mountainbike Magazine Photo essay, 10/19/13
Stellar shots from the 2013 SCSE! Much appreciation to SCSE alum sharp shooters Katie Jo McNair, Bruce Dorman, Alex Parker and Jon Lukas, and a big welcome to professional photogs Scott and Melody McClain of Called to Creation.
• Katie Jo McNair Photography: Saturday coverage including SS1, bottom of SS3 (finish), and camp shots.
• Bruce Dorman: Full weekend coverage including SS3 and camp shots.
• Alex Parker: Saturday coverage including SS1 and camp shots.
• Jon Lukas: Sunday Play Day.
• Michele Lamelin: Full weekend coverage including SS3 finish and camp shots. Low quality iPhone snapshots but fun stuff!
• Enduro Mountainbike Magazine 10/19/13
Top 3 Podium, All Categories
1. John Hauer (Santa Cruz, CA)
2. Jeff Kendall-Weed (Santa Cruz, CA)
3. Marco Osborne (Novato, CA)
1. Margaret Gregory (Redlands, CA)
2. Kathy Pruitt (Santa Cruz, CA)
3. Tiffany Allmandinger (Goleta, CA)
1. Cameron Walters (Cupertino, CA)
2. Tyler Frasca (Aptos, CA)
3. Jordan Smoke (San Rafael, CA)
1. Shannon Keely (Morgan Hill, CA)
2. Syd Shulz (Athens, OH)
Sport Men (19-34)
1. Jonathan Dickey (Half Moon Bay, CA)
2. Kyle Josephson (Aptos, CA)
3. Caleb Fink (Los Gatos, CA)
Sport Men (35-49)
1. Matt Richardson (Santa Cruz, CA)
2. Peter Schiebel (Santa Cruz, CA)
3. Aaron Bartling (San Rafael, CA)
Sport Men (50+)
1. Greg DT (Capitola, CA)
2. Brian Hughes (San Jose, CA)
3. Ed Defty (Oak Park, CA)
1. Leslie Oley (Palo Alto, CA)
1. Mark Pfisterben (Ben Lomond, CA)
2. Brian Hunot (Santa Barbara, CA)
3. Adam Kirkland (Santa Clara, CA)
1. Erica Sander (Martinez, CA)
Junior Boys (u-18)
1. Ryan Simonovich (Scotts Valley, CA)
2. Mitchell Pisciotta (Scotts Valley, CA)
3. Josh Lawrence (Greenbrae, CA)
Congratulations to all Top 3 Winners and thank you to everyone for coming out to our event!
The Santa Cruz Super Enduro was the season finale for the California Enduro Series’ inaugural year: CES 2013 final standings.